Mobile Timeclock System for Contractors
A mobile, web-based time tracking solution with features designed specifically for home service techs and their supervisors or dispatch team.
SideBox Time Clock is an intuitive, web-based time tracking system designed specifically for companies with two or more employees who need to punch in or punch as they complete off-site work. This timecard app has it all:
- Clock-In / Clock Out from a Mobile DeviceSideBox Time Clock enables your employees to start their day with just a couple of taps on their smartphone. Simply open the app, tap “clock-in” or “clock-out” and an entry is made on their timesheet. Non-smartphone (feature phone) users can clock-in just as easily by sending a text message to a designated SMS number.
- Check-In / Check-Out at Each Job LocationGet real-time status updates on each of your employees as they check-in with the SideBox Time Clock app. You can view the most recent check-in location in real time, confirm that an employee arrived to the job on time, request or require a picture of the item they’re working on, or even post their check-in activity to your company’s preferred social media feed to keep your brand fresh in the minds of service consumers.
- GPS Logging for all In / Out ActivityEach punch or check-in activity is accompanied with a forge-proof latitude / longitude entry, giving you a play-by-play mapping of their route that can be viewed in real-time as each activity occurs. This data cannot be faked, so you can rest easy knowing that your contractors are where they say they are and detect any inconsistencies in their route with ease. (Note: This feature is only available if the employee uses a smartphone to complete a clock or check-in activity.)
- Approve / Deny Employee CorrectionsManual clock-in or clock-out corrections are a thing of the past with SideBox Time Clock. If an employee forgets to clock-in or out on any given day, they need only update their time in the app to correct the error. Your payroll administrator or dispatch coordinator can approve or deny the request in order to certify its accuracy.
- Robust Reporting Engine for Updates & PayrollSideBox Time Clock lets you view the current status of your fleet easily and effectively with a robust reporting engine designed to keep the people who need to know in the know. Additionally, all punch-in/out and mileage activity can be easily summarized for a batch submission to your payroll provider or accountant, making it easy for you to make sure your people are paid accurately for the time they work.
What You (Don’t) Need to Use It
SideBox Time Clock will not require you to buy any new hardware or install expensive third-party programs on your Mac or PC. All you need is:
- a cell phone for each employee who would like to use the service (to generate clock-in and check-in activities)
- a computer with any web browser and an internet connection (to access administration features, current fleet status, reporting, etc.)
That’s it. Period. Finito. You could be up and running in as little as 15 minutes!
Compatible Smartphone Devices
SideBox Time Clock works best with smartphones, but plays nice with feature phones, too. Full functionality is available on the following devices:
- iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S)
- Android (all Droid models)
Any phone not listed above can still enjoy limited functionality by texting their location and punch information to a designated SMS address.
Ideal for Home Service Companies of Any Size or Shape
Home service providers in any industry and with a fleet of any size can benefit from this easy-to-use time management app, including:
- Heating & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Fleets
- Plumbers & Plumbing Service Providers
- Pest Control & Exterminators
- Landscaping Professionals
- Kitchen, Bath and Remodeling Pros
- Flooring Installers
Features Currently in the Works
SideBox isn’t through changing the way contractor time clock systems work just yet, either. We plan on adding several optional features to this time tracking software in the coming weeks, including:
- Important / Urgent / Welcome Bulletin Updates & Reminders
Keep your contractors up-to-date with bulletins that can be issued when a contractor clocks-in for the day, checks-in at a new job, or instantly for urgent messages. Bulletins can be issued company-wide, to groups of contractors, or to individual contractors.
- Solicit, Receive, Log & Respond to Customer Feedback
Contractors can send an email or text message to each client after the job is complete to survey their satisfaction and your contractor’s performance.
- Complete Facebook Integration
Whiz-bang widgets for your website, instant display of positive customer feedback and, of course, the acquisition of those all-important “Like” clicks are just a few of the things we’re cooking up for your benefit!
- Complete Google+, Google Places Integration
Trick out your Google Places page ad ensure your clients are indirectly recommending you to their circles with your contractors’ normal activities when we launch this little gem.
- Publication via NearbyNow,com an Exclusive, Invite Only Review Publication & Management Service – For Free
For companies with little or no pre-existing web service, we’ve partnered with NearbyNow.co to publish your activities online. NearbyNow turns your check-in and review activities into leads by providing another data point for potential customers to see where you work and what others think of your customer service.